Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Repairing Road Rash In Plastic What Do You Use To Repair Road Rash On Sport Bike Plastic Fairings?

What do you use to repair road rash on sport bike plastic fairings? - repairing road rash in plastic

Bondo plain language of the old work very well. Assuming they are not cracked and barely touched, of course. The body work is the work of the body when it comes to metal and plastic. Bumper hoses are a bit different. They make a product called "thaw" not very deep scratches and "ice" with the obligations of painting and metal or plastic, to ensure that all the paintings not as important as the common things of type Bondo.

4 comments:

Thumprr said...

I know that sells a kit for plastic welding, but can not find with a Google search ( "Motorcycle plastic welding") at this time. I remember, it was tested by Motorcycle Consumer News in the last year or two. The Google search above, many links contribute to the local shops, this type of work.

Good luck!

JustAnot... said...

I do not know if this applies, but I noticed that my rear cover when scratching. It's the same hardware that the ABS is my shroud when I suppose that this work also disguise.

I have some black ABS pipe that melted my hardware store on the ground and in a small box. I have a plastic putty knife, apply to scratches and cracks, and worked around, not what divided. I let the sand dry and flat. Then, through the use of thinner and thinner grades of sandpaper, you can create a very smooth surface. Then, buff or polish and shine like new.

My bike is black, so I had to paint, but you can be repainted if necessary.

Rusty Shackleford said...

An insured event!

Ride on said...

It depends on the depth? Bondo or fiberglass and resin and Bondo depth.

Post a Comment